Financial Advisor, Chicago
Brennan joined Mueller in 2016 after eight years at Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. where he co-managed an extensive book of clients that included high net worth individuals, business owners, and affluent families. His specialty is in fixed income products, such as corporate and tax-free bonds*.
Brennan’s background knowledge in research, portfolio construction, and trading of individual securities enables him to help his clients understand and select various income strategies both heading into and during retirement. He believes that a client’s financial challenges, as well as their goals, don’t have to seem complex or unattainable. He strives to help clients realize that long-term financial success comes from developing a sound financial plan first, remaining disciplined, and keeping to a well-defined and diverse strategy.
Brennan enjoys working with and educating second generation clients who inherit wealth, and younger affluent individuals on personal finance and wealth building strategies. Believing in the importance of early planning for a secure future, he has developed a customized and focused approach for young professionals and their families called Genesis Planning. He has recently passed the Series 66 Uniform License Exam and plans to obtain his Certified Financial Planner designation.
*Municipal bonds are federally tax-free but other state and local taxes may apply. If sold prior to maturity, capital gains tax could apply. There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not protect against market risk.
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Finance, Southeast Missouri State University, 2008
- HEC-ULg Management School, University of Liege, Belgium 2008
- Series 7 Exam, held through LPL, 2009
- Series 63 Exam, held through LPL, 2009
- Series 66 Exam, held through IPC, 2016
- Licensed to sell Life, Accident, and Health Insurance
- Licensed Variable Life contracts
Professional & Civic Organizations*
- Pi Kappa Alpha Alumni Advisory Board–Northwestern University
- Make a Wish® Illinois
* The third parties mentioned above are each separate entities from Mueller Financial Services, IFP, and LPL.
- Presidents Scholar–Southeast Missouri State