Chris Gent, CPA, CISA
Chris is a Client Advisory Services Director with over 9 years of public accounting experience. He has extensive experience providing assurance services to clients in the manufacturing, construction, and not-for-profit industries.
In 2019, Chris moved from the Assurance practice to the Accounting and Consulting Services practice at Mueller. In his new role, he provides CFO, controllership and outsourced accounting services to clients among multiple industries. Many of his current clients are well-established foreign corporations and technology startups looking to expand operations into the US market.
Chris’ background in Assurance provides him with a firm grasp of the rapidly changing generally accepted accounting principles for both US GAAP and IFRS reporting.
Chris’ engagement experience as a member of Mueller includes:
• CFO and controllership accounting and consulting services
• Financial forecasting and modeling
• Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations
• Due diligence engagement for mergers and acquisitions
• Service Organization Controls (SOC 1 and SOC 2) examinations (formerly SAS 70)
• Internal control reviews and assessments
Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Accounting, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, 2009
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, 2011
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), 2016
Professional & Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Member
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) Member
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)