John M. Fedus, CPA
John brings over 30 years of experience in coordinating and completing all phases of the audit process with large not-for-profit organizations which include, religious, charitable, membership, and community development organizations; social services, schools, social clubs, museums, and foundations. Their assets range between $20 million and $15 billion and their revenues are between $20 million and $500 million. In addition to leading audits, John has also served as interim CFO for not-for-profit organizations.
He has designed, developed, and implemented training courses for Associate and Senior Associates on not-for-profit and OMB A-133 Single Audits. John has been a speaker at the AICPA national not-for-profit conference and has presented to numerous other organizations. He has received “excellent” ratings from past client surveys and continues to focus his energy on high client service and timely service delivery. John became a member of the Illinois CPA Society Not-for-Profit committee and spoke at the 2011 Illinois CPA Society Annual Not-For-Profit Conference. In 2013, John became the Chairperson for the annual Illinois CPA Society Conference Committee.
John’s clients have included: the Salvation Army Central and Eastern Territories, Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorder Association, American Library Association, Emergency Nurses Association, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, International Teams, and the Lion’s Club International.
Education & Certifications
- B.A., Accounting, University of Illinois, Champaign, 1987
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, 1993
Professional & Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS) Not-For-Profit Committee, Member
- Kappa Sigma, Board of Directors
- The Bridge and Family Youth Services, Finance Committee Chairman
- Association Forum of Chicago