Taylor Schuck, CPA
Taylor began his career as an audit intern with Mueller in 2013, eventually joining the firm full time in 2015. As part of the Audit Group, Taylor performed audits, reviews, compilations, and agreed upon procedures primarily for manufacturing and construction clients.
Taylor moved to the Client Advisory Services Department at Mueller after 2 years in audit. He has a strong understanding of the various accounting and compliance obstacles related to operating a legal cannabis business including various states’ medical and adult use regulations, taxation compliance and Code Section 280E, FinCen banking regulations, and the various inherent financial reporting risks common to the cannabis industry. Taylor spearheads the firm’s Cannabis Accounting team as part of our Life Sciences niche.
Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Business Administration – Accounting and Corporate Finance, Central Michigan University, 2015
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Illinois
INDUSTRY SPECIFIC CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Tax Practice Pro – Preparing & Defending Tax Returns for the Legal Marijuana Industry, Chicago
- Tax Practice Pro – Advanced Issues in Marijuana Tax Preparation & Defense, Denver
- Illinois CPA Society – The Illinois Medical Marijuana Law: What CPAs Need to Know Illinois CPA Society – The Illinois Medical Marijuana Law: The 2016 Update
- Tax Practice Pro – Medical Cannabis as a Tax Practice Niche, with a Focus on the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMFLA)
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ORGANIZATIONs
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS), Cannabis Industry Member Committee Chair
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Illinois National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), Board Member
- National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA), Member Illinois Hemp Industries Association, Treasurer